What is Science and Truth? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Science & the Bible
Okami
Okami Aug 25
Yo! It has been a while since a new topic was introduced so I decided to see if there was any interest in this one. Although anime, manga, and Japanese culture is somethings I love, I also love all types of science. I have been studying in the fields of history, paleontology, astrology, physiology, biochemistry, anatomy, etc., and that may sound like I am really smart which is partially true, but all are really easy to understand if you just take time. I am not a scientist by way of schooling (although I did take some courses in college for creation science and other sciences mentioned earlier), but more by self study, examination, and testing. Now before you start with the you aren't a real scientist so be quiet angle, let me remind you science means "the study of" or "to study" and in its purest form everyone is a scientist of some sort. However, I do agree that without the proper mind set and proper evidence science becomes biased and hateful, which is partially why I started this discussion here. So in the famous words of Auguste Gusteau from Ratatouille, "Anyone can cook," I tweek it a bit and say anyone can do science.

As Christians or followers of Christ I believe that our love and curiosity of every type of science should be peaked higher than even someone who gets paid to research. In addition, as we discover more about the physical and the spiritual realms we discover more about God. Science is God's gift to us and we shouldn't waste it.

I have a series of questions I want to ask you about God, science, and how we fit them together in our physical lives. I want you to study, to examine, test yourself, experiment, and ultimately learn about yourself and more about God. As I ask these questions and I hear your answers or responses, I will be learning too. I will also put my own answers to the questions in a reply to myself, so feel free to ask questions about my responses too. Also, these questions and this whole forum isn't here to make anyone look stupid or feel dumb, but rather so that you and I can learn as we ask these questions to ourselves trying to figure out an answer even when maybe God is the only one who knows.

Question 1: What are your thoughts on creation, evolution, and origins?

Question 2: What are your thoughts on Dinosaurs and extinct animals (how did they become extinct)?

Question 3: Do you believe that science should be biased/unbiased towards creation, the evolutionary theory, and other theories in public places such as schools, museums, and zoos?

Question 4: What do you believe about the Bible in history? Is the Bible a historical document that should be seen as a text book for history class or just some fairytale stories that aren’t all real?

These are 4 big questions that can sometimes some up your origin worldview so that is what I will start with. Answer with thought and hopefully we can have some good discussions on here.
Share:
Okami
Okami Aug 25
Question 1: What are your thoughts on creation, evolution, and origins?

I believe in Creation and micro-evolution (adaptation). I also believe in the young earth theory that the world is roughly around 6000 years old as according to the Bible genealogies and events. I believe the evolutionary theory has taught us many things, but cannot be proven as there has never been a change of kind in our world (monkeys to humans, dinosaurs to chickens). I do believe however in adaptation or micro-evolution as we have had a change of species before like wolves to dogs, or birds into other birds because they are adapting to an environment. Therefore I believe that the evolutionary theory is just that a theory and it will never be anything else.

Question 2: What are your thoughts on Dinosaurs and extinct animals (how did they become extinct)?

I believe that the dinosaurs and many extinct animals died because of the flood or the ice age that preceded it.  Yes there is an ice age.  The flood had water covering the earth for at least 171 days so of course the temperature drops and then after the waters subside everything freezes.  In Genesis 7:14 it says, “they and every beast, according to its kind, and all the livestock according to their kinds, and every creeping thing that creeps on the earth, according to its kind, and every bird, according to its kind, every winged creature (Genesis 7:14 ESV).” This verse tells me that every “kind” of animal was on the ark. Not all canines made it on the ark, not all types of cats made it on the ark, not all species made it on the ark, but at least 2 of every “kind” did. The fossil record backs this theory as we have several accounts of chickens and other livestock much lower in the dirt than we do dinosaurs or other supposedly older creatures. The rock layers and fossils don’t match the textbook for evolutionary theory in fact that fossil record only exists in the textbooks as you will not find it anywhere in the earth. So because of this I believe some animals, dinosaurs, and other creatures went extinct because of the complete climate change and oxygen levels that would have been detrimental to some kinds of dinosaurs. I also believe that man hunted them down so much that they eventually became non-existent. There is loads of evidence of dinosaurs living until just 400-500 years ago. So not all of them just went extinct from a catastrophic event, but that a lot of them couldn’t adapt to a post flood world or were hunted down by us.

Question 3: Do you believe that science should be biased/unbiased towards creation, the evolutionary theory, and other theories in public places such as schools, museums, and zoos?

Obviously from my points earlier I believe that the science should be unbiased. No theory should be taught more than any other. I do believe we should teach the evolutionary theory, but not as fact. I believe we should teach all the theories in science classrooms, we shouldn’t limit our thinking with one belief. However, I also believe that if we are taking anything as fact it should be proven. We cannot prove the evolutionary theory so it should not be listed on plaques in museums that the earth is billions of years old because we have no idea if it is.

Question 4: What do you believe about the Bible in history? Is the Bible a historical document that should be seen as a text book for history class or just some fairytale stories that aren’t all real?

I believe the Bible has more truth in it historical wise than many history books. I believe that the Bible is wholly true and inerrant (without error). Therefore, yes I believe it is a historical document and we should be using it as a textbook. Many secular historians actually use the Bible as a reference when looking at Egypt, Babylon, Israel, etc., in historical digs as well as timelines. I hope one day that people will open their eyes to the historical evidence in the Red Sea, Jericho, Israel, and many other places finding that the Bible is true.

Web-Stats

Language

Anime

Manga

Vocaloids

Tutorials

News

Bible Q & A