Angel Beats | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Genres » The Frontier
mdmrn
mdmrn Jun 9 '15
Anyone else watch Angel Beats? I just started it recently and am on Episode 3. Found some interesting Biblical (and at times unBiblical) ideas in the show which I've been talking about on my blog.

Thoughts? Critiques? 

Share:
Ezmyreld
Ezmyreld Jun 12 '15
Angel, beats. No, but I will definitely check it out. Sounds interesting!
mdmrn
mdmrn Jun 12 '15

Quote from Ezmyreld Angel, beats. No, but I will definitely check it out. Sounds interesting!
It's set in it's own version of an afterlife which is clearly not Biblical, but it's been interesting so far. As I said, I'm watching it slowly (3 eps in) and I'm enjoying it, but it does have some un-Biblical stuff going on, but does provide some talking points and makes you think!
Ezmyreld
Ezmyreld Jun 13 '15
Sounds like a great anime to watch. Angel Beats, I'll have to remember that.
Okami
Okami Jun 15 '15
I have seen it and loved it!  I don't know if the light novel, and manga have developed the story better, but I can see a lot of problems with the actual plot so it needs work.  However, it is so unique and worth the watch as the comedy doesn't have as much innuendo as most shows, the drama is understandable without all the relationship premise to most anime, and the romance is not in anyway sensual.

I see mdmrn's point in the ideas of it being biblical at times, but I have to say it is more of a shinto/buddhist view on things when you start getting into the latter parts of the anime.  However, when thinking about it deeply (and I will try not to spoil) it does kinda make you think about could this be like the book of Revelation's new earth in the ending.  Another note is they are making an OVA (original video animation) for the anime coming out later this month, in which I am excited to see!

mdmrn
mdmrn Jun 16 '15

Quote from Okami I have seen it and loved it!  I don't know if the light novel, and manga have developed the story better, but I can see a lot of problems with the actual plot so it needs work.  However, it is so unique and worth the watch as the comedy doesn't have as much innuendo as most shows, the drama is understandable without all the relationship premise to most anime, and the romance is not in anyway sensual.

I see mdmrn's point in the ideas of it being biblical at times, but I have to say it is more of a shinto/buddhist view on things when you start getting into the latter parts of the anime.  However, when thinking about it deeply (and I will try not to spoil) it does kinda make you think about could this be like the book of Revelation's new earth in the ending.  Another note is they are making an OVA (original video animation) for the anime coming out later this month, in which I am excited to see!

Cool. I didn't know about the OVA coming out.

Yea, at times Biblical, at times not. There's a lot of characters who are angry with God - which makes it interesting to hear their thoughts. 

If you (or Ezmyreld) are interested, I've been writing about my thoughts on faith & the series as I've been watching each episode. You can read them here.

Web-Stats

Language

Anime

Manga

Vocaloids

Tutorials

News

Bible Q & A