Pyuuri-Tan in Christ Weekly | Forum

mdmrn
mdmrn Apr 8 '15

The Japanese Christian newspaper Christ Weekly is putting out a new manga strip about a schoolgirl named Pyuuri-tan (get it, like Puritan) and will be talking about Christian values. Here's the article from Kotaku.

Christianity is a very small religious group in Japan, so it will be interesting if this ends up reaching a wider audience or mostly preaches to the converted.

Thoughts? Anyone see this strip before and have some more detailed thoughts on it's quality?

Share:
Ezmyreld
Ezmyreld Apr 8 '15
I checked it out. It looks pretty neat! And what a better way to reach the Japanese people than manga. We have a missionary over there. I met him in the states. He told me about the ministries he and his wife (who is Japanese) have been coming up with because Japan is a very different culture. They mostly think that church is an American thing. So they thought up of doing festivals with preaching and worship in the middle. Very creative. I liked the idea. After all, the Japanese love festivals. I'll be getting my graphic novel translated into their language as well. Can't wait!

Web-Stats

Language

Anime

Manga

Vocaloids

Tutorials

News

Bible Q & A