Science or History? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » Science & the Bible
Okami
Okami Apr 6 '15
This is a question of mine.  Does the Bible really have a science meaning "the study of something" or a history?

Now I am not bashing this forum or anything, but I wanted to get an understanding about this.  I don't think when studying the Bible we see a science, but rather a history.  However, we can make it a science.  You can study how people lived and the inventions, but what the Bible is, is history.  I just don't want us to forget that.  Now something you need to know is that I love the historical and scientific background of things especially the Bible, so I would love to hear anything you have for me on these 2 subjects!
Share:
Ezmyreld
Ezmyreld Apr 6 '15
The challenge that we come up against is what they call a scientific theory "Evolution". The purpose of this forum is to provide evidence on how science and the Bible go together, and that real science does not contradict the Bible, but rather reinforces the fact that there is a God, and that we were created rather than evolved from a single cell life form. I got found a great website you can check out called Science against Evolution. Really valuable information.
Okami
Okami Apr 6 '15
Alright.  So mainly this is a creationism post.  I guess I got too caught up in the name to think about what you were wanting in this post.  Anyways I have been to that site and several others.  I would like to think of myself as a sort of professor on this subject because I have done all my research myself and most of the time I can answer an evolutionists questions.  The problem is, when you get down to it, can you believe in an all-powerful God because once you believe in that anything is possible.
Ezmyreld
Ezmyreld Apr 6 '15
So true. God can do anything. And even if evolution was true, where did the DNA come from? That's the big question that the atheist mindset still has yet to explain. Here is how Kent Hovind put it.

"Though I acknowledge God, you can ask me 'where did God come from?' But I can't tell you. But you believe 'Millions of years ago a big bang exploded. And somehow it ended up into what we call the universe today'. But you don't know where the dirt came from."

One reason why I believe God created the world rather than evolved (macro evolution): Either...
1. God created the universe or
2. He didn't. There are no other possibilities.
Within the second possibility there is ONLY two possibilities.
a) Either the universe has been here forever, or
b) It had a beginning. There are no other possibilities.
A is impossible: All energy in the universe would have burned up and converted to heat, light, & residue.
B is impossible: As it requires nothing to turn into everything.
A & B are impossible so is 2 impossible. Therefore 1 is true by elimination.
The Forum post is edited by Ezmyreld Apr 6 '15
Okami
Okami Apr 6 '15
Yes!  Another thing the evolutionists point to "was" carbon dating and the fossil record, but for years now I have said that carbon dating was not accurate!  What do you know now there is a scientific explanation of why carbon dating was off by millions of years and shouldn't be used anymore.  So now most scientists are trying to find different ways to date things billions and millions of years ago...I think our system would have crashed by then if the earth was really that old.  For it to be crashing with only 1500 years worth of engines and other technologies doesn't make sense.
Ezmyreld
Ezmyreld Apr 7 '15
I see your point Okami. They also use circular reasoning when it comes to carbon dating. This explains this more in detail. A video of Kent Hovind from Creation Science Evangelism http://www.drdino.com giving us 100 reason why Evolution is Stupid! Pretty funny. Great stuff though!

Okami
Okami Jun 15 '15
Yeah!  I also just came back from camp as a sponsor, but I might have learned just as much or more there lol!  We had a guy from http://www.creationtruth.com/ come as our missionary and teach us about the truth behind creation.  He only taught facts and never left anything to debate.  He also taught on the holes in evolution's theory, but the crazy thing is that most scientists today have dropped the big bang and macro-evolution because they cannot prove it.
mdmrn
mdmrn Jun 17 '15
A lot of scientists still push macro-evolution because micro-evolution is so easy to prove & because it's an easy cop-out theory. Actually trying to acknowledge the potential for a divine creator is scary to some because it requires them to change their thinking, lifestyle, etc.

I'm an engineer. Actually rather educated (BS/MS in chemical engineering) and I see all manner of holes in evolution. From the lack of "missing link" to the Cambrian Era of world history's explosion of life that no amount of evolution can explain. Then there are some pretty basic questions like - "If humans are the highest evolutionary form of primates, why do lesser primates exist?" It seems like a silly question at it's face, but think about it. If only the better genes continued and we transitioned from one species into another, why are lesser primates still around? They should be evolutionary obsolete and should be extinct. But, we know they're not as apes, monkeys, and lemurs are still around.

But, I think the other thing is that we as Christians can accept things like adaptation. The moths which changed colors to blend in better to different colored buildings for example. Obviously animals adapt to their environment. But, does that mean they changed from one species to another as evolutionary theory would purport? I don't think so...

Hatsune_Miku
Hatsune_Miku Jun 18 '15
So very true mdmrn! Well said!
Quote from mdmrn A lot of scientists still push macro-evolution because micro-evolution is so easy to prove & because it's an easy cop-out theory. Actually trying to acknowledge the potential for a divine creator is scary to some because it requires them to change their thinking, lifestyle, etc.

I'm an engineer. Actually rather educated (BS/MS in chemical engineering) and I see all manner of holes in evolution. From the lack of "missing link" to the Cambrian Era of world history's explosion of life that no amount of evolution can explain. Then there are some pretty basic questions like - "If humans are the highest evolutionary form of primates, why do lesser primates exist?" It seems like a silly question at it's face, but think about it. If only the better genes continued and we transitioned from one species into another, why are lesser primates still around? They should be evolutionary obsolete and should be extinct. But, we know they're not as apes, monkeys, and lemurs are still around.

But, I think the other thing is that we as Christians can accept things like adaptation. The moths which changed colors to blend in better to different colored buildings for example. Obviously animals adapt to their environment. But, does that mean they changed from one species to another as evolutionary theory would purport? I don't think so...

Web-Stats

Language

Anime

Manga

Vocaloids

Tutorials

News

Bible Q & A